JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a smeg induction hob. It is 5 years old and has

I have a smeg induction hob. It is 5 years old and has worked perfectly. I tried to turn it on at the weekend and it flashes either SH or 5H at each of the 5 rings, and whilst it will light up and let me put in the required number the hob does not heat up. I have switched it off and on at the wall but this does not help. Any ideas please?
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Hi John it sounds like the main board has got itself into a loop, 5H is an unusual code but often associates itself with a safety feature where it switches the hobs off after 5 hours of continuous use.

When you switched it off at the wall how long did you leave it off for?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Over night. It is still flashing the code when i switched on this morning
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Ok that should have been more than sufficient to have cleared the memory, which points to a hardware failure.

Its suggesting you have a faulty control board, due to cost of part (in excess of £150), I would suggest you go for a fixed price repair and protect plan.

D&G offer such a plan, details can be found here.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you James I will source help locally.John