JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My indesit IWDE 26 washing machine will not power up

Hi my indesit IWDE 26 washing machine will not power up although power seems to be coming in from the mains. The plug fuse is also o.k.
Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's an IWDE 26 indesit washer and dryer
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes I do
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It's just that it will not power up. Attempted to use the dryer but stopped midway. It then got stuck on the dryer programme. I tried the good old trick of switching it on and off without success. After a couple of tries the power lights went off, and the machine won't start.
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

To confirm you have checked the fuse, and that your getting power to the socket the washer is plugged into, and when you turn it on your not getting any sign of life (no beeping or lights)?

Can you advise how old the appliance is, as its still showing as a new ish model.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The machine is 7 years old
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It's ok you can provide a response on this platform
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Are u still on or should I expect your response by email later?
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Sorry about the delay in responding.

Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

You can ignore options for a call they are just automated adverts for additional services, can you confirm there is no sign of life (lights) on the washer?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
there is completely no sign of life
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

In that case its a faulty PCB (most likely a relay on the board has failed), a new PCB would cost around £150 in parts, plus you then have potential cost of a new heater if thats what caused the initial fault to damage the PCB in the first place.

Due to the high cost of the parts, I would recommend going for a fixed price repair and protect plan with D&G, details can be found here, they cover parts and labour in addition to giving you a years additional warranty against and future faults.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
From the sound of it, I need a new washing. I was hoping it's an internal fuse that could have been cheap to replace. Thanks for the advice
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

So I can finalise the question, appreciate if you can rate the service received using the star rating on this page.