JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have an AEG frig/freezer Santos 3150 KG7, model

I have an AEG frig/freezer Santos 3150 KG7, model number###-##-####purchased in October 2001, so well out of warranty.
My problem is that the frig' thermostat is not working properly. The temperature rises to 11 degrees when it should be 5 degrees and then the warning light on the freezer section starts to beep and flash red. I then have to reset the temperature using the minus button on the panel above the frig'. Eventually the frig will cool down again.
Do you have any ideas please?
Hope to hear from you
Regards Eve
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Hi Eve,

I dont think its the temp sensor at fault if your having to reset the temp on the control panel, but most likely a faulty control board, which is lose the temp it should be recording.

A new control board would cost about £80, and would not think its an economical repair as you would probably need an engineer to attend to strip out the control panel since the panel isnt easily accessible without damaging the fixings.

If you wouls still like to proceed with a repair please provide your postcode and I can recommend a local engineer to you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi James
Thanks for this info'. I'm really not sure what to do, so can you please recommend a local engineer just in case I decide to follow the repair route. I'm in GU21 5TA Woking, Surrey. Although I'd better do some research on pricing and purchasing a new frig/freezer.
Regards Eve
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

I personally would opt for a new appliance, however should you chose to opt for a repair I would recommend:

FFB on 01276 537447

DAS (who are a little further afield) on 0118(###) ###-####

Both have very good customer feedback.

Appreciate if you rate the service using the star rating on this page.