Kelly
Kelly, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Technician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have inherited a Maytag intellisense MWA 10149. There is

Customer Question

I have inherited a Maytag intellisense MWA 10149. There is no instruction book and I can't get it to work. Power to the appliance is there but when I select a cycle nothing happens. Help?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

No lights or anything on the control panel come on?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Lights come on and it gives me cycle times/temps etc but when I press start it does nothing...
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Does it acknowledge that the button is pressed, beeping or anything, or just unresponsive?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Before I press the button it flashes - when I press it (the start button that is) it stops flashing and makes that first one click as though the cycle is about to kick in but then it goes quiet and does nothing. Tried various cycles invade it was the one cycle not working but it always does this. I (think) I even reset it
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

That is very helpful, thank you! The click you hear, is it at the door front area or more towards the top, as if coming from the control area? The issue is that the controller is not "seeing" the door locking so it will not allow the cycle to proceed. We just need to determine if the lock is not getting told to lock or if the lock is faulty.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What happens then is after about 1 min the cycle time changes to F22 (from say 1:30) and the door open and service button start flashing red. Not sure if that info helps you...ahhh just seen your reply. Looks like it Lana doe issue then?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's under the counter but as far as I can tell the click is by the door..
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Perfect, I believe the door lock is faulty. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you so much!
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

The link below is to the part you will need! Of course, make sure all connections are in place before ordering, just in case one has come loose.

CLICK HERE

Access is gained by removing the small wire clamp from around the rubber door boot in the front. Once it is off, you fold it back into itself on the lock side and can then reach into that opening to disconnect the wires and remove the lock! :~)

All connections simply unplug and plug in, making for an easy repair!

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you so much Kelly - I will try this and report back! X
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

I will be here, thank you!

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Hi Kelly I've got the part but I'm struggling - is the rubber door boot the rubber seal around the door? If so, I can see/feel any clamp and can't see how it peels back?
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Sorry meant to say *cant* see
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Ok I got the clamp off and rolled the seal back but I cannot unblock the lock hats in there no matter how much I try. Can you please recommend someone local to me to come and do this for me please? My postcode is BD23 1HF - thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 30 days ago.

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Washtec

07860 803346