Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

The vinyl on the door is peeling off around the ice/water

The vinyl on the door is peeling off around the ice/water dispenser of my Beko American Fridge Freezer GNEV321AP...any ideas?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Are you able to post a picture of the door please?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sent file below. Can you see it?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for that.

This is the paint work peeling off. To be honest these kind of freezers does this alot. Its due to the water dispenser that causes this as the water seeps down from under the frame and causes this.

Now there isnt much you can do other then either remove the front plastic panel and rub the bubbled paint and try and respray it from there.

Or replace the door.

Now im assuming the appliance is out of warrenty. If so then you can try your retailer were you got it from as the law states it has to be fit for purpose for 5 years. Now this is down to a manufactring fault so you can see if they will do anything for you on this.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks Daniel. I just wanted to be sure that it wasn't anything I had/hadn't done. The company I bought it from have gone into liquidation. I'll get it serviced and look at the cost of replacing the door. I notice it all the time and it's driving me nuts.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Its nothing you have done as i see a lot of these do this fault.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for your help. I've never used 'just answer' before. Do I need to do anything else after we finish this convo?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Your very welcome.

All you need to do to close this is just click the star ratings at the top of the page if you can and this sorts it from there.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok. Thanks again.