JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Bosch washing machine had F21 error message. I followed your

Bosch washing machine had F21 error message. I followed your instructions and the machine was successfully reset.
Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: However now instead of tumbling it tries to spin and immediatly stops and continues the cycle
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: serie 4
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: yes if possible
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Can you provide me the ENR number inside the washer door?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
one moment
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
wae2447pes/96
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it fills and then tries to tumble but in reality it tries to turn too fast and then stops and tries again
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi James
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Ok give me a minute to look up your spec, it sounds like a sensor fault.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok thx
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

So E21 for your model relates to a motor communication fault.

You have cleared the fault which hasnt reoccurred but your now left with its not controlling the drum properly.

The sensor which reports how fast the motor is turning is known as the tachometer, on this appliance its built into the motor, its most likely this has developed a fault and not reporting the actual speed to the controller and hence spinning to fast.

The other potential cause is the PCB which controls the motor.

How long have you had the appliance?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
18 mths
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Ok, can you provide me with your serial number of the appliance?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
where is that
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

It should be on the label along with the ENR

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
416040276057005696
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
or
6 00569
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

I am just going to look up the warranty status, as this should have at least 2 years on it.

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Please give Bosch customer services a call on 0344(###) ###-####/strong>, selecting option 1, and then option 1 again.

Explain that you received an E21 fault, cleared it and you now get the fault with the drum spinning.

They will require your ENR and Serial numbers, and should then be able to arrange a warranty repair free of charge, for your washing which includes all parts and labour.

When calling also ask them about the 5 year warranty, as I believe you may need to register the appliance to extend the current 2 year warranty to 5 years without and additional fee.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your help
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

They will require your ENR and Serial numbers, and should then be able to arrange a warranty repair free of charge, for your appliance which includes all parts and labour.