JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Bosch dishwasher SMS53M02GB/B3. Has worked

I have a Bosch dishwasher SMS53M02GB/B3. Has worked perfectly for two years. It has been asking for Rinse Aid, but when I pour the liquid into the oblong box beside the soap compartment, it all flows out. Now it is also asking for salt, but I have no idea where to put any salt. Ordinary table salt, or can one buy dishwasher-specific salt? If only there were an illustrated user's guide on the internet to download.
Cheers, Lanna
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Hi Lanna,

Please never use table salt in the dishwasher.

Dishwasher or softener salt can be purchased from your local super market, it will be with all the washing liquids, such as the one here.

Give me a minute and I will lookup your washer spec and advise where to place the salt, its normally under a screw cap below the spinning spray arm.

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

The instruction video here shows you how to install the salt.

Have a look at the video and let me know if you have any further questions.