Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Assistant: What is your issue regarding? a warning light is

Assistant: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: a warning light is flashing on my meile fridge and the fridge is not cooling properly
Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: Miele kdn 12823 s
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: around 6-7 years
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The freezer is working
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

If you feel the back wall inside the fridge does any part of this feel cold?

Also press agaisnt it and does it feel spongy as you press on it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi,yes the back wall of the fridge does feel cold in fact there is a frost on it that I can scrape off with my nails but the fridge is not cold enough for food storage as milk and other stuff is going off. It doesn't feel spongy.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Ok if you feel the compressor at the back at the bottom (black pot) is this hot to touch?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Ok if the compressor is hot then its usually a sign theres a fault in the system. As it running too long trying to get the fridge cold but as its not as cold as it should then the compressor gets hot.

Im afraid for this you will need to get a fridge engineer in to check this out. They will need to put there gauges on the pipe work at the back to see what pressure the compressor is pumping at and the amount of gas in there. As for this fault its either a poor pumping compressor or a blockage in the system. Im afraid this isnt a diy fix on these.

Sorry its not good news but this is looking like a system fault here. But if you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok, thanks
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Your welcome.