JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My Neff integrated dishwasher has become misaligned. The

My Neff integrated dishwasher has become misaligned. The door facia is no longer flush with the rest of the kitchen units and the door only opens halway before catching on the toe plate underneath.
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Hi Michael, start by removing the bottom kick board this will let you see what the appliance feet is resting on, and how far forward it needs to come.

Next open the appliance door, this should reveal two metal 90 degree brackets either side holding the appliance to the neighbouring cupboards, you need to remove these brackets to then ease it forward.

Let me know how you get on.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi James. I can't see the brackets. Where should I be looking? I have attached a photo of the dishwasher with the door open and another showing the kick board removed.
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for the pictures they are very helpful, the brackets would be on the left and right hand side, but it could be just one at the top (but doesnt look like it from the pic) remove the plastic / rubber strips and you should see a metal bracket.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I removed the top rubber strip. There are no brackets visible at the top, although I can see screw holes used for the previous dishwasher. I have not managed to remove the side rubber strips. I don't know how they are attached but they are well fixed and I don't want to use force. There are two exposed screws towards the bottom of each strip. They don't look like they are attached to a bracket but I removed them anyway (see photo), but it made no difference. Anything else I can try?
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Yes they look likes crews going through the lip of the washer into a frame. the strips must be glued on (some genius installers smart idea).

With both srews removed you should be able to apply upward pressure and free the appliance, you may struggle bringing it forward without taking off the strips though, which I would imagine need a stanley blade going down the inside edge to cut the glue (probably silicon).

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can't get it to move at all with upward pressure. From the alignment compared to the rest of the units, it looks like the bottom needs to move outwards and up. I tried pulling it by the door, but don't want to use too much force in case I damage the hinges. My only idea now is to get a jemmy and lever it up from below.
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

I would remove the plastic strips either side first of all.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If I remove them with a Stanley knife are they easy to replace?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for the offer. To be honest I think this is beyond my ability and I will need to get someone in. Although the problem is not solved, I appreciate your time and don't want to claim my £20 back.
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

No problem Michael, yes I would use some silicon to put the strips back.

In terms of finding someone local if you provide me with your postcode I am happy to recommend someone for you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for your help. My postcode is KA7 4UA.
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

I would highly recommend Aryshire Domestic on 07986 432198, however not available until end of next week to attend due to annual leave, or failing that you could give John a call from Kitchen Wizard on 01292 471166.

So I can close the case please rate the service you received by myself today.

James