JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

We own a Siemens Zeolith dishwasher. Installed September

Good morning, we own a Siemens Zeolith dishwasher. Installed September 2014. The cycle does not complete and the machine switches off, waste water remains undrained in base of dishwasher.Kind regardsAlan Barclay
Expert:  JamesI replied 29 days ago.

Hi Alan,

How long into a program does the fault occur, and if you set it on a rinse only programme does that complete?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Hi James,approximately an hour in to the cycle, full cycle time would be 3hours and 15 minutes. I haven't tried the to run the rinse only programme, I will do that shortly and see what happens.
Expert:  JamesI replied 29 days ago.

Ok, if its about an hour in it suggests the fault could be with the heating element.

I will await to hear back how the rinse only cycle goes.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Hi James, rinse cycle completed successfully, run time of just under 3 hours in total. Regards Alan
Expert:  JamesI replied 29 days ago.

Right if rinse works fine but the other programs cause an issue it proves its the heating element at fault.

Can you advise me of the ENR number of the washer, this should be located on the rating plate found on the side of the door.

James

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** The ENR No. is SN66T095GB/93.
Alan
Expert:  JamesI replied 29 days ago.

Please give me a short while to look up the parts

Expert:  JamesI replied 29 days ago.

On this model the heater forms part of the pump, though this says the part fits a /73 variant it is compatible with the /93 as well.

The total cost of the part if £110, and can be found here.

Due to the significant cost of the part I would strongly suggest you start by calling Siemens directly on 0344(###) ###-####to see if this is covered by the 5 year warranty, if its not then I would look to go down a fixed price repair route, D&G do such a plan details can be found here.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Thanks very much James, very helpful. I'll discuss with management, (a.k.a. Mrs Barclay), and agree our next steps. Alan
Expert:  JamesI replied 29 days ago.

No problem Alan, as its only a few years old I would advise against replacing it, as everything else has many more years left on it.

So I can close the case please rate the service using the star rating on this page, and by all means come back to me if you have any further questions.