JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My alpha boiler is flashing E20. No heat or hot water. Can I

Hi there my alpha boiler is flashing E20. No heat or hot water. Can I fix this myself or do I need to call out an plumber boiler man?
Expert:  JamesI replied 28 days ago.

Whats the model number of the boiler?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Intec 28x ?
Expert:  JamesI replied 28 days ago.

If its an Intec its likely the thermalcouple at fault as it relates to not being able to sense the pilot flame.

This would need an engineer, however once I know the model and also your postcode I can confirm this is indeed the case in your instance and recommend a local firm

Expert:  JamesI replied 28 days ago.

As I thought this is a flame sensing fault, this is explained on page 40 of the engineer manual here.

Whats your postcode and I will recommend a local engineer.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Thanks for your help I have contacted a local engineer.
Expert:  JamesI replied 28 days ago.

No problem so I can close the case please rate the service using the star rating on this page.