JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Bosch logixx8 washing machine, spin works but drum does not

Customer Question

bosch logixx8 washing machine, spin works but drum does not turn on washing slow speed.
The drum starts to turn, as if the drum is about to initiate a turn, ( it happens in both directions) but the movement does not develop into a turn, there is a buzzing.
can you advise please
Expert:  JamesI replied 28 days ago.

Ok the initial symptom would suggest the motor brushes were at fault, I note these have been replaced recently, it would be worth double checking the brushes have been installed correctly and making good contact with the motor' commutator, as a poor contact could cause this fault.

Once you have ruled out the brushes, it could be the tachometer which is responsible for reporting the speed of the motor to the PCB, to understand if this is a serviceable part I need to know the model number, so please provide the ENR of the appliance which can be found on the inside of the washer door.

James

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
hello the e-nr is WAS28469GB/21 FD8905 200081.
Expert:  JamesI replied 26 days ago.

Hi Tony, this model has the integrated tacho so you would likely require a new motor if its not the brushes.

Due to the extensive cost of parts I would look to use D&G or another firm who can do a fixed price repair plan, their details can be found here, please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Expert:  JamesI replied 21 days ago.

I havent heard back from you Tony do you need any further assistance?

Expert:  JamesI replied 15 days ago.

Do you require any further assistance?

Expert:  JamesI replied 5 days ago.

I havent heard back from you Tony, can you confirm the question is now resolved?