JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

CANNOT REMEMBER WHICH PROGRAMME I WAS ON TO TRY AND REMOVE

CANNOT REMEMBER WHICH PROGRAMME I WAS ON TO TRY AND REMOVE CHILD LOCK WILL I BE ABLE TO TRY EACH ONE.
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: IT IS MY ELDERLY MOTHER (80) SINCE YESTERDAY
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: YES MY MOBILE NUMBER IS ***** MY NAME IS***** THANKS
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: MY MOTHER ACCIDENTLY BUMPED INTO IT AND DOESN'T REMEMBER WHICH PROGRAMME SHE WAS ON AT THE TIME
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon my name is ***** ***** the make and model of the appliance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Siemens Vario Perfect iq700
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Ok the current situation is that holding down the down options button to the left of the display should switch off child lock, I have spoke with your mother and we tried this for every program without success (though it shouldnt be programme specific).

I have contacted a colleague called Andy in Siemens to try and replicate the fault on the same model and we havent had issue enabling disabling it, we have also tried the other common option for switching off child lock for machines without an RPM and Finish In button, which is holding down the start button, but that hasnt been successful either.

The concern is that though the appliance is under warranty if deemed user error it could be chargeable, however since we have followed the instructions to the letter Andy has put the case to Siemens who have advised they will contact your directly to agree the next steps, which I would imagine will be an engineer call out at their cost (but cant confirm).

For future reference the manual for the washer in question is here.