Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an Indesit washer/drier and because the wiring was

I have an Indesit washer/drier and because the wiring was not clipped in the factory the constant movement has snapped the wires flush on the connector to the thermistor nts.Because there is no wire visible I either need the partial harness or a new connector to attach the wires back on.Any ideas where to get them.My machine is IWDE7145S
Expert:  Daniel replied 28 days ago.

You can get just the wiring on its own but they are very expensive for what it is

Click here for the part

But if the wiring has snapped on the block then you can actually repair the wiring as i do this all the time rather then replacing the harness.

You should be able to pop the top cover of the wiring block were the 2 wires go.

Then from there use a pin and pull the rest of broken wire out thats left in there.

Once thats out just place the wire on top of the block were it goes and use a small flat bladed screwdriver and push the wire down in there.

This will sort the fault out from there for you.

Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Hi Daniel,Thanks for getting back to me.I can understand your repair description but my connector appears to be a one piece moulding with push in pins.I am not sure how you remove these or how to reinstate them.Is it possible to purchase the connector You are describing to effect the repair if I cannot reuse the one I have.I have no idea what the correct name of these connectors is.Many thanks,Roger.
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Hello Daniel.Received email about rating but I sent a follow up question because the connector you described is different to the one on my loom and I wanted further help.
Expert:  Daniel replied 27 days ago.

Ok if the block is sealed then you need to replace the wiring. Now the original wiring harness is very expensive as you have seen with that link.

But i have found a second hand NTC sensor with the wiring block on it on ebay for £6. So all you need to do is remove the plug from it and then just butt connect the wires onto the wiring block on your washer.

Then just refit the wiring block onto your NTC and thats it job done.

Click here for the part on Ebay