Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a whirlpool Electronic A upright freezer,AFG 7080 or

I have a whirlpool Electronic A upright freezer,AFG 7080 or AFB 703, I am not sure how the four controls work but it seems unable to maintain a constant suitable temperature.Can you help please.Bob
Expert:  Daniel replied 29 days ago.

Ive just uploaded the manual on this for you. On there it explanes what the buttons are for and how to alter the temperture.

Try that and see if this sorts the fault out for you. If not then just get back to me and i can advise further on this.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Hi Daniel, Thanks for the manual, my problem was that I had a freezer full of fruit and veg from my garden which was slowly thawing. Ive transferred the produce into two small old freezers that I was replacing with the Whirlpool.
So I switched the W/pl off and left it 10 mins at room temp and followed the Manual instructions and the internal temp is down to -12 and falling, hopefully by tomorrow things will return to its normal -18. Hopefully all will work properly from here. I will transfer the produce back tomorrow, and observe with interest.
The start up was as described, the audible warning does kick up a racket though,
Thanks for your early morning intervention!!
Regards, Bob.
Expert:  Daniel replied 29 days ago.
Ok fingers crossed this sorts it out for you and it’s all back to normal again.
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Daniel.
Fingers crossed freezer locked on -24
Will load food back in tomorrow from old ones. Jad some audible chatter this
morning which stopped when I pressed
F.
I feel much better than I can ask you.
Bob