Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Samsung drier model dv80h8100hw and I have a He

I have a Samsung drier model dv80h8100hw and I have a He error code can you advise which buttons I need to push to reset the machine
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

If you press and hold the start button for several seconds does this reset the control unit and allow you to start again?

If so then how long does it run for before the error code comes back again?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Tried holding start button but machine doesn't run just shows he message still
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Ok HE error code is a fault on the heater circuit. So as this is a heat pump dryer then its possibley either the compressor itself or the control board at fault here.

But try this first and see what happens. Unplugg the dryer from the socket and leave it 30 minutes and then plug it back in. As unplugging it can do a hard reset on it and clear the code.

If that doesnt work then you need to find the cause of the fault as untill thats been fixed then the HE wont clear im afraid.

If you are able to you need to remove the panels and top to access the compressor and check the wiring on there and see if theres any loose or broken wires in there.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok I've just turned off at the mains
Will update in 30 mins
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

No worries.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Turned back on and still had he code it failed recently and an engineer reset it by pushing a combination of the buttons as the machine is still under warranty I don't want to start playing with wires
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Ok try this and see what happens.

Unplug the dryer again and leave it a minute or so.

plug in the dryer back in and hold down the Wrinkle Prevent and Mixed Load Bell buttons at the same time for 3 seconds.

This should clear the code.
Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Just tried that didn't work
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Ok try it again but this time press the wrinkle button and the dry level button thats next to it.

So unplug it.

Plug it back in and hold them 2 buttons for upto 10 seconds and see what happens.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Just tried still showing he
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Ok instead of unplugging it leave it plugged in but just turned off on the front.

Then press and hold them 2 buttons and keep them held in and turn it on the front panel.

Hold the buttons for upto 10 seconds and see what happens.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok I now have a message be2 that then changed to t4
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

be2 code means a push button is stuck.

Turn the dryer off and press all the touch buttons and give them a rub and see if this clears it.

As to the T4 this isnt listed in the service site as it only shows TE,T2 and T3. But they all mean temperture sensor issue.

Unplug the dryer now and leave 10 minutes and see what happens from there when you turn it back on.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That cleared the system still had he error I then pushed the wrinkle prevent, dry level and time button all at the same time ( By error) turned the machine on and lots of lights came on and machine now working not sure why but it works do thanks for your help
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Glad to hear its working again.

Sometimes doing the reset may take a few trys thats why it work when you did it again.

So fingers crossed this will be fine from there now for you.