Kelly
Kelly, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Technician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have a CVA 2660 coffee machine. It is stuck on Descale and

Hi, I have a CVA 2660 coffee machine. It is stuck on Descale and is now showing Error F73 What next?
Assistant: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?
Customer: It is approx 12yrs old but has not been heavily used. It is its first de-scale request.
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible.
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, it just will not progress any further.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** is very frustrating!
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

The F73 means that the brewing unit is stuck. It could be that it really is out of position or jammed or the sensor may be faulty. See the attached page. Would you like the service manual to help with disassembly and cleaning?

Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will just check the manual.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Nothing about the brew unit?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

No, that is a service code, you will need the complete service manual to address this issue.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi, i think we need an engineer as we now have a leak from underneath the drip tray!!
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

It is probably related to the brew unit's position. I suspect once that issue has been remedied it will also solve the leaking....

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi, I will need outside help to remove the full unit to be able to access the brew unit but thank you for your help today. It has answered questions.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

You are very welcome, thank you!

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!