Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a fisher paykel drawer type dishwasher dd603 i think

Customer Question

I have a fisher paykel drawer type dishwasher dd603 i think (no lcd) the top drawer lidd was stuck down so i changed the actuators. BUT it stillwont work. Im getting the play button steady red with a beep and the normal cycle plus rinse cycle lights are illuminatedCan you help at all ? Thanks Jon
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Is the lid stuck down again on this or is it up now?

Are you able to pause it and select a new cycle and if so will the lid come down then?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
As soon as i turn on i get the red light beeps and 2 cycle lights i cant press anything else before. The lid is up prob because the new actuators were fully extended
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Ok what you need to do is look at the program lights and number them from left to right with 1 on the left.

Let me know which lights are lit as this is an error code.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
2 and 4
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Ok ive just seen it was the normal and rinse lights you said was lit.

This is error code F9. Now im afraid is a fault on the control board itself on the top drawer. When ever you get F9 im afraid its nearly always the control board in the top drawer thats faulty.

Now as its a double drawer unit then what you can do if you are able to is swap the control boards over between the 2 drawers as they are the same control boards.

So when you swap the control boards over and if the fault then reverts to the bottom drawer and the top one works then we know its the control board thats the fault and you need to need to replace the control board in there to cure the fault.

Try that if you can and see how it goes from there.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok ill try tomorrow thanks.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

No worries.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can i reply to u tomorrow ? Is that is k
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can i reply to u tomorrow ? Is that is ok
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Yes thats fine.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Dan swapped over the modules both drawers working again initially now the bottom drawer giving red light and bleeping and i cant open drawer. Power off still wont open
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Ok if the fault has now reverted to the bottom drawer then this proves the control board is faulty. You will need to replace the control board to cure this.

As to opening it then just pull on it, It will be tight to open but it will open.

Once you fit the new board the lid will lift up stright away from there.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok ive ordered one
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

No worries, Im sure this will sort it from there.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I hope so ! Getting fed up with it. The top drawer always fills with clean water too. If i turn off the water supply it stops so somehow even when the machine is off water is seeping in ? Any ideas which seal could need replacing ?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

If it fills on its own then it will be the water inlet valve thats causing this. As each drawer uses its own coil on the valve. So the coil vlave for the top drawer will be faulty. To stop the filling with water the water inlet valve will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Dan
I cant believe this !! Same things hapoened again ! 2 new programme modules - worked a few days then bang the drawer lid stuck down again with the same lights !!
I cant keep buying modules - whats causing it ?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.
If it’s blowing the new modules then there’s a short in there somewhere.I know the fault first happened on the top drawer and you swapped them over and the fault went to the bottom drawer.When you fitted the new mod which draw did you fit it to?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
New module is in the bottom drawer
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What should i do
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Ok if its the bottom drawer thats causing this then something is shorting on the board.

It can be either the heater plate, wiring harness from the mains filter board to the control board or water leaking on some wiring somewere,

Check the water dispenser unit on the front below the board and check for water marks on there and leaks onto the wiring as they can leak a bit,

If thats fine then you need to remove the bottom drawer and remove the plastic cover under there and check the heater plate and wiring and see if theres any signs of burning on there.

But if you have this fault were something is causing the board to blow it can be a few things and sometimes on these its a case of replacing part to check it im afraid.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok in the bottom of the washer theres an electric circuit board which has had water around it a while back my wife loaded simething too big and the thing shutdown. I Had to dry out the bottom where the water detector is. Could it be down there?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Second point it was the top drawer that failed first time
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it must be a short that effects both drawers is that possible? Thats why i thought of the electrics on the floor as both actuators plug in there ?
Can i test anything with an electric tester
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Its quite possible its the bottom board. This is called the filter board and sends power to each of the drawers.

Now if this has signs of burning then it can be causing this error code so may be worth replacing this and see how it goes.

Not sure if you have the service manual on this but if not and you want it then click here for it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Dan ive looked around cant see any sign of a short at all.I swapped the modules over again so the bottom which one was not working now at the top. The good one now at bottom.Initially it powered up and the lids openedI tried running the top drawer and system went into the same fault. This time top lid failed open ??Its driving me nuts.Ive got a multimeter cant i test various components ? Do you have readings or suggest where to start