Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Customer Service
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
14784508

I have a bosch exxcel 8 varioperfect washing machine and it

Hi, I have a bosch exxcel 8 varioperfect washing machine and it is showing Upd or Vpd fault code. Any idea where the problem is?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Richard Hill replied 1 month ago.

That isn't a recognised error code - are you having any issues with the machine?

Try switching it off at the mains power for a few minutes and back on to see if it clears.

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The machine doesn't work, when you select a washing cycle a number 0,1,2 or 3 shows up on the display and when you press the start button the UPD fault code shows on the display. I've tried resetting it by plugging it out and then back in and also by using the control knob reset for Bosch washing machines.

I called Bosch Support about this and they were not aware of a UPD fault code, but can escalate this within Bosch.

Can you provide the Enr number and FD number from the label on the inside of the door please?

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The enr number is ***** and the fd number is###-##-#### I think it is a problem with the control panel, would you have any idea how much a new control module would cost?

Someone's selling refurbished ones on ebay for £79.99 + £5.99 postage:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bosch-WAQ24461GB-Washing-Machine-Front-Panel-PCB-Control-Module-Board-/282545660720

However, Bosch have now confirmed that the code is something they recognise and unfortunately it can relate to various faults, so recommend that an engineer visits to look at this. They confirmed that the machine is out of guarantee, so this would be chargeable. I'd suggest you contact a local Bosch repairer or speak to Bosch directly on###-##-####

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for your help

I hope my answer was helpful, if so a positive rating would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rich