Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Siemens IQ700 did not start but did not give an error signal

Siemens IQ700 did not start but did not give an error signal either. After unplugging for a few minutes and replugging with start/stop depressed for 20 seconds, the door sign is indicated and the door won’t close.
Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Siemens is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 4.5 years. Siemens VarioPerfect iq700 .
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends on the nature of the problem.
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Can you post the model number of the appliance as IQ700 is just a range so i dont know if this is a washer, dryer or dishwasher.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
wm14s490dn/23
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Two pictures.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Ok so are you able to select a cycle?

Whats showing up on the display now?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
See the later pic. Does that symbol over remaining time mean that door locking process is stuck underway?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

I only see 1 picture and its the picture of the model number on the door.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Reposting picture of the display.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

That light lit means you are able to pause the washer and open the door to add more items if need be.

Are you able to press the start button to pause the cycle and then select a spin cycle and if so does the display change and can you start a spin cycle?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'll check. In any case, the door remains unlocked even if the start button is pushed, ie. the button has no effect whatsoever after the cycle has been selected.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Ok if the door just isnt locking when you try and start it going then its possibley a faulty door lock itself here. Which in this case the door lock will need to be replaced and hopefully that will cure the fault from there.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Spin cycle could be selected but the start button had no effect. However when starting the rinse cycle, the rinse light lit for a second, followed by E29. Pressing start again, it gave E34 and froze.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Ok E29 error code is a water leak in the base error code.

Pull the washer out and lean it 45 degrees backwards and see if any water comes out from the base tray so you may need a towel for this.

Then stand it up right and see how it goes from there.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks. Need to stop here as I am paralyzed and wife won't help in that one. Will probably try rebooting again. Service has been ordered for Friday. Just thought to narrow down the fault before that.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

No worries. Given the error code you have im afraid its looking like water has leaked into the base.

So if someone is calling out on Friday im sure they will sort it out for you from there.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Still makes me wonder why it didn't give any error with the normal program.. Well, not much more I can do without help from my hospital bed.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Sorry we cannot get this sorted now for you.

But fingers crossed they sort it for you on Friday.