Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Rangemaster DxD 910 fridge not working get warm

I have a Rangemaster DxD 910 fridge not working get warm freezer working fine
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

When you say you defrosted it how long did you defrost it for?

Also when you defrosted it did you feel any cooling in the fridge then?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ive defrosted it for 8 hours however I'm not convinced it needed it as I couldn't see any ICE around and there has been no water anywhere showing signs of a defrost
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Ok the fridge section gets its cooling from the evaporator inside the freezer. So when the freezer works but the fridge isnt then its usually to much ice in the freezer stopping the airflow into the fridge.

Now to defrost this it will need a good 24 hours and leave the freezer door open and this will melt the ice. As the ice will be behind the panels inside the freezer so you wont actually see it. Also when it defrosts the water drains out to a drain pan at the back and sits there untill the heat from the compressor evaporates the water away.

So what you need to do is either a 24 hour defrost as this should clear the ice.

Or empty the freezer and from there inside the freezer at the back is a plastic panel. You need to remove this and behind there you will see the evaporator. If this is covered in ice then you need to use a hairdryer and melt the ice from there.

Then refit the panels and retry it and see how it goes from there. Fingers crossed this cures the fault and sorts it out from there.

But if the fault happens again in say 3 weeks time then theres a fault on the auto defrost side here which can be either the defrost heater, thermal cut out or control board. You will need to test the heater and cut out to see if they are faulty.

But try the above first and see how it goes from there. If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok I did leave it for 8 hours but I will now leave it till its had 24 hours and give it a try. I'm an electrician so can test any other areas it could be but hopefully this will work. If not do I just reply to this mail chain or do I need to start another call. I'm happy paying just want a fix.
Cheers
Allen
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Try the 12 hour defrost and im sure that will sort it.

But if not then just get back to me on this as even after rating the answer you can still reply on here without paying again so you will only pay the once as long as you keep to this thread.