Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

When I go to start my INDESIT washing machine it won’t start

When I go to start my INDESIT washing machine it won’t start and comes up ‘door’. Just moved into new home where machine was left so don’t know age
Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I’m guessing approx 6 or 7 years WIKE127 would this be model?
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It was working fine until the front of the drawer where you put washing powde came off, reattached it but seems to be since then
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi I sill haven’t heard back from you.

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question.

When you try and start it going whe the door lock light flashes is the door actually locked so you cannot open it?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi, no it remains unlocked
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Could we try and sort first by messaging please
Ok if it’s not locking the door then it’s more then likely the door lock itself.What you need to do is unplug the washer and pull it out and remove the top panel.
From there look down the front on th inside on the right and you will see the door lock.
Open the door and then you can remove the screws holding the lock on.Then pull the lock up and inspect the wiring plug going to the last lock.
If there’s signs of burning on there then th lock needs to be replaced and re wiring retagged with new connections. Then hopefully that should cure th fault from there.Check that and see what you ind from there and let me know.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I think I had better get someone out all sounds a bit technical for me ��
No worries. Hopefully it’s just the lock and wiring and they can sort it for you straight away.If you need any more info on this then just get back to me.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok thank you

Your welcome.