JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I changed the batteries in the sunvic rf thermostat and

Hi. I changed the batteries in the sunvic rf thermostat and brought it to the test/install box and pressed + & - and test. The red light went on and then off again. I turned the heating on in the control panel but it hasn't come on. The process has worked every year, so I'm wondering what might be wrong? Thanks so much!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

do you still require assistance?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
please!
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

What symbols/lights are on the thermostat and the receiver by the boiler?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi James, currently the thermostat just has the temperature, the receiver there are no lights on. The red light by install went on momentarily when I pressed +- and test install. Sorry for the late reply, I'm at work during the day.Su.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

No problem Su.

What is the model of the receiver connected to the boiler, and can you see a test button on it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is a Sunvic RF thermostat (that's all it says), and there is a test button. Su.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Ok so first we need to make sure the receiver is communicating with the boiler correctly.

Press the TEST button. The Green LED should come on. Check that the boiler comes on within 5 minutes of the green LED being on.

Press the TEST button again, and make sure the Green LED goes off.

Let me know how you get on.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi JamesThe green light came on and then the heating did, it went off when I pressed it the second time and so did the heating. This mean they're talking to each other?!Su
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi James, wondering if you could get back to me please, thanks! Su
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Hi sorry Su, I didnt see your reply on the 21st.

This proves the receiver is talking to the boiler, so the issue appears to be around the thermostat not talking to the receiver.

Is there a pair or sync button on the thermostat?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi James, no worries, I've been just pressing the test button and sticking the heating on for a while when it gets cold, hope that's ok!
There is a "set" button on the thermostat and the + and - buttons. It is displaying the temperature so it's working on some level.. thanks! Su.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Are you able to unclip it from the wall and check the rear or where you fitted the batteries for another button, it may even be a pin hole you push something into.

Using the test button is absolutely fine, its a manual override for these situations.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

On looking at the TLX model thermostats you can put it into pairing mode by holding down the + and - button for 5 seconds, which seems to match what you said you did previously, so I may have located your thermostat model.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Put the programmer back in pairing mode by holding down the + and - buttons and check the display changes on the thermostat, then go to the receiver and hold down the install button for 10 seconds. Wait 2 minutes and then check to see if the thermostat now works.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
That seems so have worked James, thank you so much for all your help! Su.
Expert:  JamesI replied 25 days ago.

No problem Stu, so I can close the case please rate the service using the star rating on this page.