JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336
Appliance

My aeg washer dryer isnt finishing any programs

Hi. My aeg washer dryer... Show More
Hi. My aeg washer dryer isnt finishing any programs
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Show Less
replied 1 month ago.

What is shown on the control panel when it stops mid cycle?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago.
Nothing
Customer reply replied 1 month ago.
It just goes back to the start of the program. And that's with washing, drying, spinning, or draining
JamesI, Handyman replied 1 month ago.

Ok, if you put it on a prewash / rinse only program does it do the same thing?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago.
JamesI, Handyman replied 1 month ago.

How old is the washer?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago.
7 years in November
Customer reply replied 1 month ago.
It's being very temperamental at the moment one minute it works the next minute it doesn't, for example I managed to dry a load last night and then went to dry a second load and just wouldn't work, I tried several times switching it on and off.
JamesI, Handyman replied 1 month ago.

The fault points towards a faulty PCB, this is responsible for controlling the order the machines runs through the cycle.

The average life expectancy is around 8 years for a washer, so the unit is approach end of its useful life, the cost of a new PCB would be in excess of £100.

If your keen to retain the washer and repair it, I would suggest going for a fixed price repair and protect plan with D&G, they will come out replace the part then cover you for a further year, ideal in situations where the fault is intermittent, since if they cant replicate it when they attend you dont get charged. Details about D&G can be found here.

However that is a significant cost, and I would suggest you look to put the money towards a replacement.

Do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago.
Thank you so very much for your help. I think Iit would be best that I replace it, do you have any suggestions for a good washer dryer preferably not more than £700
JamesI, Handyman replied 1 month ago.

I would suggest you go for something like the one here, it has a good set of reviews.