Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Zanussi aquacycle 1200 XC6, I did a wash but when

I have a Zanussi aquacycle 1200 XC6, I did a wash but when it finished the green li end light kept flashing. Now no matter what setting I put it to the end light keeps flashing
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Can you post the model number of the washer please.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
FX 1265 w
Zanussi Aquacycle 1200
XC6
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for that, Lets see what the error code is stored in there.

Turn the washer on to any cycle apart from the first on the right.

Then press and hold the start button and the button to the left of it.

Keep them held in and after a few seconds the end light and start light will be flashing. You need to count the number of flashes from each light in between the pause and let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
5
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

Ok 5 flashes is a motor related fault. This will be either the carbon brushes in the motor, the motor itself or the control board.

The most common cause is worn carbon brushes in the motor. What you need to do is remove the back panel in the washer and make sure its unplugged.

Then from there you can remove the motor from the bottom of the drum.

There at the back either side are the carbon brushes.

Remove these and see if they have worn. If so then you need to replace them and that should cure the fault from there.

But if the brushes are fine then its either the motor itself of the control board is the fault here. But either of these are very expensive as you are looking at over the £150 mark for either of them.

So check the carbon brushes in the motor first if you can and see what you find from there.