JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a teka hob, and it's come up with a fault and gone

I have a teka hob, and it's come up with a fault and gone into safe mode.
The fault is showing "flt09"Model CGW LUX 90 5GHow do I rest it, or clear the fault?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Richard Hill replied 1 month ago.

This fault is referred to as a 'general anomaly', a glitch I suppose.

When you sat safe mode, is that the child lock - try pressing and holding the 2nd button in on the right (padlock) for at least 3 seconds to see if that clears it.

If not try turning the hob off at the mains power for a few minutes and then back on.

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi I've tried both, and it's still not working
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Switch the machine off at the isolater switch over night and switch it back on, that should have cleared the fault state, failing that you will need to strip the unit down.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi, thanks for the advice, the fault has cleared, I turn it off and on the continued pressing the padlock button, and it seams to have reset itself. Thanks for the advice.Being a tech person how would you rate this teka hob I paid £700. Do they they are good as neff products?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

We dont get many issues reported for Teka appliances but they are also nowhere near as popular as Neff, Bosch, Siemens etc.

They do come with a 2 year warranty, but from those instances I have come across them they do not seem to last as long as other well known brands, since they manufacturer their own products they also dont do a lot of reuse/use generic parts making the cost of spares higher.

JamesI, Handyman
Experience: I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.