JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Gutmann downdraft hood (Futura) The hood moves up

I have a Gutmann downdraft hood (Futura) The hood moves up and down, but there is no power getting to the fans.
Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Yes.
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Have checked the power when you switch the fan on and only has 1.5V
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Where are you checking the voltage is it from the PCB or the fan terminal, and have you checked the voltage with the fan disconnected?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I checked it at the end of the cable going into the motor
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

I have the part numbers but it doesnt state the expected voltage, is the rating plate on the motor expecting a 12v input?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no. 240V
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

If your getting 1.5V that sounds like the voltage is going through a transformer, normally you would have mains power supplied to the motor with a switch supply under low voltage (around 5v)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
what does this mean? Why is there no power going to the fan?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

I think it may be a fault on the PCB, give me a short while just waiting on a document being sent over by the manufacturer

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK. THanks
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Sorry for the delay it took alot longer than expected to get the additional info (in the right language).

This is certainly looking at a fault on the PCB, within the PCB the incoming voltage passes through a series of other circuits including a capacitor before a relay which provides power to the fan motor.

The UK service centre who can arrange a repair (replacement PCB) is Blanco their number is ***** 635 200

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Expert:  JamesI replied 28 days ago.

Do you require any further assistance?