Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Teka HL 870 oven. We had a power cut a few weeks

hi, I have a Teka HL 870 oven. We had a power cut a few weeks ago and the oven now no longer heats up. Instead, the word 'sho' appears sporadically in the clock face and i believe that the oven has gone into showroom mode (ie all functions appear to work when you turn them on but there is simply no heat).My Teka manual doesn't help me at all and Teka say that I am no longer covered by the warranty. I have tried pushing all buttons and a combination of such buttons, but to no avail. Has anyone come across this before? Can anybody advise? Thank you.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 1 month ago.
Not seen this before and there is nothing in the manual. Glad to see the manufacturers are being helpful!
I assume you have pressed and held the + and - buttons together?
Also try turning the power off and then holding them both again while you reinstate the power.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Andrew. Yes, pressing the + and - buttons together was the first I tried. that obviously didn't work. I have tried turning the oven off at the mains and then turning it back on again while holding those buttons down. It didn't work. Somebody mentioned to me that it might be in demo mode and that somehow I need to get it out of demo mode! Easier said than done.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
any other suggestions?
I thought so.
Sorry, apart from ringing the manufacturer again and speaking to someone helpful.
I will leave the question open to see if anyone else can help.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok, thanks anyway
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

What you need to do on this to clear the display and set the time is as below.

You need to turn power off to oven and then restart the oven.

Then press the cooking time sensor and cooking stop sensor for 3-5 seconds. These are the 2 touch buttons that are the arrows on the bottom row of buttons.

Then you can set the time and that should cure the fault from there.

Try that and see what happens and let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi daniel. Thanks for the response. just putting the baby to bed then will try. I will let you know as soon as I have tried.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

No worries thats fine.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Daniel. That has worked! Thats great. What is really odd is that I am sure i tried that button combination, but I don't really care. I am just happy that its working again. Many thanks. Really appreciate it.