KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Assistant: What seems to be the problem? I have a Neff

Customer Question

Assistant: Hi. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I have a Neff dishwasher that dry heaves on start up and doesn't fill
Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Its a Neff S51E50X1GB/18 I have done troubleshooting
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I visually verified that the inlet pipe does not open to let in the water I bought a replacement aquastop but the same issue does this mean the wires or board are faulty and not signalling the solenoid value
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 29 days ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer... Is your problem with Neff dishwasher resolved? If you are facing the issue still then I would suggest you to check continuity on inlet valve using a multimeter. If multimeter indicates a faulty valve then you'll need to replace the valve.

Let me know how it goes... Cheers!

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Hi Kevin,
I tested continuity on the inlet value and its fine. I bought and tried a new aquastop valve which did not work either. I check the voltage going to the valve from dishwasher and it appears not to fire to open the value on cycle start. If this it correct is there anything else to try? Or idiot likely a control circuit thing? Thanks.
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Is it likely ... phone auto correct :)

Unfortunately you are correct and a new control module would cost you around £130-150. The best you can do is to check the wiring between inlet valve and control module to see if it is intact. Depending on how old your dishwasher is you can try and spend money on control module or otherwise.

________________________________________________________________________________________
If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks