JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Hotpoint Ultima fan oven has stopped working. Top oven still

Hotpoint Ultima fan oven has stopped working. Top oven still works and so does the induction hob.
If the fan oven can be fixed what would it cost for the call out plus part?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Hi Sharon,

To give you an idea of cost of repair can you advise the make, model and age of the oven?

Secondly what happens when you turn on the fan oven, does the light and fan come on but not heat?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi James,
The cooker is a Hotpoint Ultima double oven model number HUE61K (don't know if it should be a 1 or an l ) with induction hob. I think it is at least six years old, but the protection plan for the cooker expired Feb 2017.
At present neither the fan, nor the light come on and there isn't any heat in the fan oven but the top oven is still working.
Thanks,
Sharon
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Hi Sharon,

So when you set the dial on the right of the control panel to say 200 degrees does the neon light below it come on at all?

Try and push the door in to the frame and see if the fan and oven light come on.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Hi James
There was a problem with a small switch,which needed tightened and when the door is now closed the fan comes on and the oven heats up.
Sharon
Expert:  JamesI replied 30 days ago.

Great everything is working, so I can close the case please rate the service received.