JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Ive got a 5 yr old Bosch exxceel fridge/freezer which has

Hi - Ive got a 5 yr old Bosch exxceel fridge/freezer which has been great up until the last couple of months when ice seems to be pouring slowly into the freezer part - it looks like a slight frozen waterfall... coming from the top part at the back over on the right side... it's dripping down into the second and third compartments and is getting worse not better. Any advice very welcome. Thanks
Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Yup, June 2012
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Just wanted to know if there was a simple explanation or any advice tbh
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Don't think so. The temp gauge is always no higher than 3 - is currently on 2 - inside fridge, and the freezer temp is down to -16 or -14 I think
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Are you able to take a picture and attach it so I can see what your seeing in the freezer.

Secondly can you provide the model number (ENR) which should be found on the rating plate to the land hand side of the fridge, near the salad crisper draw

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
KGH34X45GB/05 FD 9201
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can you text back any advice - Thanks James
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Right so this is about 5 years old, I would start by a 8 hour defrost. dry the appliance (fridge and freezer) and see if it reoccurs.

If it does reoccur, this looks to be a fault in the condensate drain which takes condensation from the fridge compartment and expels it down a drain tube running at the back of the appliance.

Let me know how you get on.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks so much James -
I'll give that a go and get back to you as soon as possible;
Many thanks;
Pete
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

No problem will await to hear back from you Pete

Expert:  JamesI replied 26 days ago.

Do you require any further assistance?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Hi James - Took your advice previously. Defrosted it for over 10 hours and have now turned it on again and, one week on, all seems fine but is possibly too early to tell. Either way, I'm guessing that should the same problem arise, I'll just defrost it again and carry on as now. Can you tell me if it's advisable to defrost this model on a regular basis anyway, and if so, how regularly? Thank you so much for you help; Pete
Expert:  JamesI replied 19 days ago.

Great glad a frost seems to have got you working again.

You shouldnt need to do a defrost more than twice a year at most, appreciate if you can rate service you received by me using the start rating on this page.