Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Siemens IQ100 dishwasher that is showing Error code

Customer Question

I have a Siemens IQ100 dishwasher that is showing Error code E04
Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Siemens IQ100 dishwasher. I have not run a diagnostic cycle. How would I do that?
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Nope
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I noticed when I went to run a clean cycle. The water doesn't seem to be heating up in the machine
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 month ago.

E04 as you may have worked out is a heating related error code in there. This is usually down to either the heater itself is either open circuit or its shorting out to earth or its a faulty control board.

If you are looking at fixing this yourself then you need to acces the heater unit under the dishwasher and test it and see if it either faulty or its down to earth. Now you will need a megger or instualtion meter to test it to earth.

But if the heater tests all ok then its going to be the control board at fault as they heater relay on there could have failed which is causing this fault here.

So thats what the E04 error code means so check that if you can and see what you find from there.