Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Ive just bought an AEG induction hob HK654200FB. I'm a

Sir Ive just bought an AEG induction hob HK654200FB. I'm a chartered electrical engineer and quite competent to cable it ups (a part P man will check it out next week anyway) - but how do you get into the terminals? What's the secret to getting the black cover off???
Expert:  Daniel replied 28 days ago.

Are you able to post a picture of the mains connection box and i can mark it on the picture how to open it.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
did you get the picture?
Expert:  Daniel replied 28 days ago.

No nothing has come through.

Did you upload it on here?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I'll try again. Not sure now to send it to you as I insert in the add files and press send but nothing happens! It would be easier to send direct from phone but can't without your email address and I understand you can't give that. Its not my fault though that the just answer site isn't working
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Perhaps you can describe it to me in words - is there a screw or a catch?
Expert:  Daniel replied 28 days ago.

Got it now thanks.

Give me a few minutes and i will mark on the picture how to open it up.

Expert:  Daniel replied 28 days ago.

What you need to do is get a small flat screwdriver and insert it into the gaps marked on the picture on and push the tabs in and the top cover will pop off.

Do this in both gaps and the top cover will lift up from there.

Try that and im sure you can sort it from there.

Expert:  Daniel replied 28 days ago.

Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I didn't get the picture back bt Ill try the tabs now thanks
Expert:  Daniel replied 28 days ago.

Ok i will try and upload it again and hopfully you can get it then.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Daniel got it now without the picture - easy when you know where the tabs are!! many thanks
Expert:  Daniel replied 28 days ago.

Your very welcome, Glad to hear you sorted it and thanks for letting me know.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I think this was the second time Ive asked you a question. I got in touch about cabling a Bosch hob about 4 weeks ago - didn't buy it though, went for a NEFF in the end but it was shoddy. The silicon seal on the outer underside edge was broken up and t was very unsafe. I'm surprised ***** ***** sell it. Anyway, have chosen this AEG and hope its OK Thanks
Expert:  Daniel replied 28 days ago.

Yes, These hobs are usually good and dont give much problems. So hopefully this will last a long time for you.