Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Ive just bought an AEG induction hob HK654200FB. I'm a

Sir Ive just bought an AEG induction hob HK654200FB. I'm a chartered electrical engineer and quite competent to cable it ups (a part P man will check it out next week anyway) - but how do you get into the terminals? What's the secret to getting the black cover off???

Are you able to post a picture of the mains connection box and i can mark it on the picture how to open it.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
did you get the picture?

No nothing has come through.

Did you upload it on here?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'll try again. Not sure now to send it to you as I insert in the add files and press send but nothing happens! It would be easier to send direct from phone but can't without your email address and I understand you can't give that. Its not my fault though that the just answer site isn't working
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Perhaps you can describe it to me in words - is there a screw or a catch?

Got it now thanks.

Give me a few minutes and i will mark on the picture how to open it up.

What you need to do is get a small flat screwdriver and insert it into the gaps marked on the picture on and push the tabs in and the top cover will pop off.

Do this in both gaps and the top cover will lift up from there.

Try that and im sure you can sort it from there.

Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I didn't get the picture back bt Ill try the tabs now thanks

Ok i will try and upload it again and hopfully you can get it then.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Daniel got it now without the picture - easy when you know where the tabs are!! many thanks

Your very welcome, Glad to hear you sorted it and thanks for letting me know.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I think this was the second time Ive asked you a question. I got in touch about cabling a Bosch hob about 4 weeks ago - didn't buy it though, went for a NEFF in the end but it was shoddy. The silicon seal on the outer underside edge was broken up and t was very unsafe. I'm surprised ***** ***** sell it. Anyway, have chosen this AEG and hope its OK Thanks

Yes, These hobs are usually good and dont give much problems. So hopefully this will last a long time for you.