JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My neff dishwasher does not seem to be using any salt and my

My neff dishwasher does not seem to be using any salt and my glasses are getting cloudy. Not a problem with the dishwasher I had before. I live in London where the water is very hard. Can I adjust the salt usage?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

You can increase the hardness settings on the washer which will soften the water more (use more salt), to talk you through this please provide the model number of the washer, this is normally found on the side of the door as you pull i down.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is this the model number? Thanks for your help.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Sorry for the delay in responding.

The water hardness is explained on page 11 of the user manual, an electronic copy can be found here.

For those glasses which are cloudy its worth placing the glasses in the top rack, then putting a power of white wine vinegar in the bottom rack, then running it on a hot cycle and this should clean the marks.

To save you reading the manual you can set the hardness by switching the appliance off then on again, hold down the right program button and start button together for about 10 seconds. Press the left program button until 3 appears on the display (maximum level), then press the start button, you can now proceed to use the washer with it softening the water as much as possible.

Do let me know if you need any further assistance.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks James! I have changed the setting I think. Hope it works.