KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

My AEG lavamat l 16850 is giving an efo message? Never done

hi, my AEG lavamat l 16850 is giving an efo message? Never done that ebfore
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: literally juts happened!
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: My husband will if it is straight forw\rd.
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I think that is it.... 6-7 years old... never had a problem with it. was a small wash and was careful with how much soap was put in so surprised this happened. water came out at the fron tof he machine and now will only give a EFO message. And is making a whirring sound.
Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 6-7 years old, brought from new. AEG LAVAMAT L 16850 is all I have.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 month ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer... Error EFO means drain filter blocked and washing machine is unable to drain water. To clear the error code, remove the drain filter which is accessible from the bottom front of the machine. To remove drain filter rotate the drain filter anti-clockwise. Be aware of excessive water from drain filter, keep few towels ready with you.

Error EFO can also appear when drain hose is kinked or plugged.

Run an empty load with no detergent in an attempt to get rid of the code or reset power to the washing machine.

________________________________________________________________________________________
If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not much water came out just some fluff. Have cleaned filter. Message still coming up even after draining and resetting? Any other way of getting rid of message?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Pressing start and ok together gives an ef3 message? But then changes back to efo.

Error EF3 indicates water has leaked into base of the washing machine. Anti fllod device is activated, to reset it you will need to unplug from mains and pull out the washing machine. Once washing machine is out tilt the washing machine at an angle of 30-45 degree backward and forward to drain out excess water. Inspect for any leaks in back of the washer.
Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The thing to add is the pump is still running with the selector dial on off position. Is this normal for an ef3 error?

Are you suggesting that drain pump is trying to pump out water when no cycle is selected. Can you have a look if there is a leak and whether any excessive water is present in base tray? When machine detects excessive water it activates the drain pump. Either way tilting the washing machine backward and forward should help you reset the error.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
that's right. Ok we are doing everything you suggest and the code seems to have gone. it is just going through its empty cycle now and am keeping an eye on it because it was towards the end of the cycle that the message came up. Will let you know what happens.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Just to let you know that all is sorted now. Thank you!