KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

We have a siemens condenser dryer iq300 the start button

Customer Question

hello we have a siemens condenser dryer iq300 the start button flashes but the programme lights and panel is not lighting up and it will not start
Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Siemens is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: it is 5 years old. model is WT46E385GB/30
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: depends on what is wrong with it
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I think is it thanks
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 23 days ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer... I believe you have accidentally activated Energy saving mode. If the dryer is not operated for a prolonged duration, it automatically switches off before the program starts and when the program has ended to save energy. To activate the it back press any button, open or close the dryer door or turn the program selector. However, if it doesn't work then unplug the dryer from mains or reset the circuit breaker for a few minutes and retry. if this doesn't help then it's an issue with door lock mechanism.

Let me know how it goes... Cheers!

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Hi, we’ve tried all suggestions but no change, the start button is the only one lighting up and it’s still flashing. Anything else we can do? Thanks
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 22 days ago.

Hi, its faulty door lock mechanism which is causing this issue. You'll need to get the door lock replaced or replace it yourself if you are good with DIY type of work. Please do take all precautions while replacing the door lock mechanism and, unplug appliance from mains power before disassembling the dryer.

Let me know how it goes...

________________________________________________________________________________________
If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** get that done! This has been really helpful. Kind regards Paula
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 19 days ago.

Great, If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you.

Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied.
Cheers!

Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 18 days ago.

I hope my solution helped you to resolve the issue with your appliance. If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you.
Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied. Thanks!