KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have got a Fagor FF-712 front loading washing machine and

Customer Question

Hi I have got a Fagor FF-712 front loading washing machine and the door handle has broken, and i cannot find any other way to open the door to get the washing out.
The instruction manual does not seem to include this machine.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 18 days ago.

Hi Wayne, welcome to Just Answer... There's a way but, it might take a little effort on your end. You'll need a strong steel wire and a plier. Since door handle has broken we will try to unlock it without breaking the door locking mechanism. Put the wire across the door locking mechanism and pull the wire towards the door hinge. Pull pressure needs to be gentle else you might end up breaking the door lock mechanism.

Soon the door lock will disengage and, you should be able to get washing load out.

However, if you're unable to disengage lock this way then the difficult way is to disassemble the washing machine and remove the locking mechanism internally.

Let me know how it goes... Cheers!

________________________________________________________________________________________
If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 13 days ago.

Hi, how did it go?
If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you.
Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied.
Cheers!

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
HI Kevin
Thankyou for getting back to me unable to get it open that way but worth a try.
Door forced open and wife got a new washing machine.