KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

My Beko dishwasher is starting the cycle and then cutting

Customer Question

Hi my Beko dishwasher is starting the cycle and then cutting out and switching off. It will run a rinse cycle but no other cycle.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 19 days ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer... It seems that heating element is short circuited. If you are well versed with DIY repair then I'll suggest you to gain access to heating element by removing filter from sump housing.

Once element is removed use a multimeter to check the continuity of the element.
Now use a multimeter on ohms (RX1000) and, place each of it's probe on each terminal of heating element. Reading should be between 8-20 depending on wattage of your element; anything less indicates a faulty heating element.

Please make sure dishwasher is turned off and unplugged from mains power before you try any of this.

Let me know how it goes... Cheers!

________________________________________________________________________________________
If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 14 days ago.

Hi, how did it go?
If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you.
Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied.
Cheers!