Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a kenwood kid60B16 and when i wash all the glasses

Customer Question

hi I have a kenwood kid60B16 and when i wash all the glasses (and I presume the crockery, if we could see it) are smeared with a white powder-like substance. Any advice welcome thank you.
Expert:  Daniel replied 21 days ago.

Do you top the salt chamber up?

If so are you finding you need to do more often?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I topped up the salt and washed again, but there was no imrovement.
Expert:  Daniel replied 21 days ago.

Ok when you get this fault and the salt is fine then its usually the regeration valve in the water softner at fault. As this can stick open and causes the salt and grit from the softner to enter the wash system and cause this fault.

No cure the the water softner unit underneath the dishwasher will need to be replaced. This is the part that has the brown resin in it. As the regeration coil in there will be faulty.

So replace that unit and then this should sort the fault out from there if you wanted it fixing.