Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a beko DCU8230 dryer. It was not heating up. So I

Customer Question

I have a beko DCU8230 dryer. It was not heating up. So I have changed the heating element. Tried again and although the clothes get warm they still do not get dry to anywhere near the dryness they were before. So I have bought the front thermostat. Problem is I cant find it on the unit to replace it even though its a listed part. I cannot find any wiring diagrams or schematics for this unit.
Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Beko DCU8230. About 3 years old
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Expert:  JamesI replied 19 days ago.

Look near the air inlet, the service manual states the front thermostat is "Located after the door filter in suction canal".

I would start by measuring the temp of the air and the voltage going to the heater to see if it is actually cutting off early, or if it is a air circulation fault.