JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My AEG combi microwave will not heat on the microwave

Customer Question

HI, My AEG combi microwave will not heat on the microwave setting but all other settings - oven and grill work fine.
Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: AEG MCC4060E-b - it is about 10 years old
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Not particularly keen on touching anything electrical ....except to turn it on!
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No - except that the appliance was work find one minute and then not the next. My entire kitchen was done 10 years ago and everything works perfectly well and is in good condition
Expert:  JamesI replied 18 days ago.

Good morning, the fault suggests the magnatron has failed if the microwave is working but not stopping mid cooking time when on microwave.

This would be an uneconomical repair, as a magnatron costs in excess of £100 and can be sourced here, and your then looking to pay around £80 to get someone out if this is an integrated appliance.

Finally based on the age of the appliance this is approaching the end of its natural life, very few last past 12 years.

For this reason I would suggest you look to put the money towards a replacement, however if you would prefer to opt for a repair please provide your postcode and I can recommend a local engineer.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 4 days ago.

I havent heard back from you in a while, do you need any further assistance?