Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Franke Triflow System Water from the drinking tap comes on

Customer Question

Franke Triflow SystemWater from the drinking tap comes on as well as the hot & cold when they are switched on.
There is also a leak from the base of the spout.Do I just need to replace the O rings or is it more serious?
Expert:  JamesI replied 17 days ago.

Hi Colin, this sounds like the cartridge valve has become damaged which is letter water to the drinking tap when you turn on the hot/cold feed, this would also cause the issue of water leaking from the base.

I would be inclined to strip the tap down check all the washers and valves, and refit them, as it could simply be some debris which has got into the cartridge.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thanks James. Don't think I have the expertise myself so will get it checked. Colin
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
My DIY experiences (plumbing) have not been good & 'She who must be obeyed' won't let me near it!
Expert:  JamesI replied 16 days ago.

How long have you had the tap?