Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Bosch Vario Perfect washing machine Err 18 I followed the

Customer Question

Bosch Vario Perfect washing machine
Err 18
I followed the online instructions and found that when I unscrewed the filter cap at the bottom of the machine, the cap and filter weren't attached as shown on the video. i continued with clearing the muck and put everything back as I'd found it. Having put the machine on a 'wash', it flooded and water was coming out of the filter cap.
Do I need to get a new part, or have a technician come out to fix?
Expert:  JamesI replied 17 days ago.

Hi Lucy, so I am clear water flooded out of the filter cap or the filter hose?

Its unlikely you will need an engineer.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Expert:  JamesI replied 16 days ago.

Remove the filter cap, and inspect it check there are no tears to the seal.

Next replace the filter cap making sure its aligned, start the washer on a rinse cycle left it fill up and see if you can see where water is coming out as it fills, adjust the cap as some times the caps dont need to be fully close and a quarter of a turn aligns the washer and stops them leaking.

See if you can stop the flooding and come back to me with outcome of where it was leaking and if its stopped.

Obviously if it continues to leak and flood just switch off the appliance and drain it using the filter hose.

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 days ago.

Do you need any further assistance?