JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a liftmaster pro9000 this morning the door will only

I have a liftmaster pro9000 this morning the door will only open halfway if I press the remote it just closes again please can you help me
Expert:  JamesI replied 19 days ago.

It suggests there is something cause an issue on the runners.

Check on the inside of the door to see if you can see any object preventing the door going along the runner.

Secondly use the manual release to see if the door is binding or moving freely as it may just be the door needs serving as its binding, as the liftmaster will only operate up to a certain force.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
good morning James
I have had a good look at the door there is nothing obstructing the door I have tried to open it 8 times on one occasion it opened completely 3 times it opened half way, 3 times less than half way
Stan Blundell
Expert:  JamesI replied 18 days ago.

Hi Stan if you open it manually up and down do you feel alot of friction, as to me it sounds like it could be the door whats getting stiff, this can be overcome by getting the lifemaster to use more force, but its better to check the door as you could end up making the issue worse over time.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thanks James
I did as you suggested and oiled the screw and it seem to work fine.
Stan
Expert:  JamesI replied 18 days ago.

Great, do come back to me if the issue continues, at which point you may need to use grease instead of oil.

Please rate the service received by me using the star rating on this page.

Expert:  JamesI replied 5 days ago.

Appreciate if you can rate the service using the star rating on this page.