JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have an AGA Masterchef electric ovens and gas hobs. I need

Customer Question

I have an AGA Masterchef electric ovens and gas hobs. I need 1) a service 2) replacement seal to one oven,3) check oven temperatures
Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: AGA Masterchef 100DE probably 8 years old
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Preferably not
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no problems with the cooker everything functions well but these little items need attention
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  JamesI replied 18 days ago.

Whats your postcode, so I can locate a local engineer for you.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
B13 9QS
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
dont need to discuss thanks just need to have an engineer come and check out my cooker with three areas that i identified earlier
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
replace seal on one oven
check oven temperature
on door a bit stiff just needs adjusting
Expert:  JamesI replied 18 days ago.

No problem I am just waiting for the two engineers we have listed in your area to confirm they are taking on new customers and they can service your postcode.

You can discard the advert for phone calls, this is just a automated notification.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
thank you
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
any news
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
any progress?
Expert:  JamesI replied 18 days ago.

I am still waiting on the engineers to call back, but will chase them first thing tomorrow

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
any news today 7 November?
Expert:  JamesI replied 17 days ago.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I needed to verify the credentials of the engineer before recommending them to you.

I would suggest you contact Nick on 01562 752659 or 07770 698073, he will be able to service and provide and fit replacement parts required for your Aga.

James

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Guess what? Still searching. Your guy said he doesn't do AGA Masterchef recommended a shop who were even less helpful. HELP?
Expert:  JamesI replied 14 days ago.

I am really sorry the Masterchef services team have also advised they cant/wont provide anyone, its very rare to find a position where there is nobody who is willing to support an Aga (as there isnt many differences between the different makes).

Let me have another go contacting some large firms, sorry for the delay.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thanks James
Really appreciate it.
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 days ago.

Can you please provide with the serial number of the oven, or if you prefer you can call the team who support Masterchef product range on*********** and provide the serial number and they can recommend someone in your area.

Expert:  JamesI replied 4 days ago.

Just wanted to follow up to check if you have now got someone booked in, and if you need any further assistance?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi James
Got oven door seals yesterday what a palaver!
Also managed to order the part I need for the oven so ordered two yesterday but still no one to fit it. However, looks like if I take a Philips screwdriver I can open up the oven door itself and take things apart and replace broken "flange".... don't know what else to call it!
I will keep you posted.
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 days ago.

No problem, that does sound like the process for replacing the seals on most Aga' I have come across.

If you get stuck take a picture and upload it and I will look to assist you further.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you I will.
The seal is straightforward but I will get back in touch when the "flange" arrives