Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I turned off my fridge to clean by turning temp dial to 0,

Customer Question

Hi I turned off my fridge to clean by turning temp dial to 0, now I’ve turned temp dial to 1 the fridge is not cooling but light and freezer are working. It’s been 24 hours
Expert:  Daniel replied 18 days ago.

Can you post the make and model number please.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Neff, I’m not sure of model number it’s integrated
Expert:  Daniel replied 18 days ago.

Theres usually a sticker inside the fridge section behind the salad box. See if its there as the model number will be on there. It will start E-nr

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hi there is no model number. It was installed c.2010
Expert:  Daniel replied 18 days ago.

Ok if you feel the back wall inside the fridge does any part of it feel cold at all?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hi no it feels like it’s room temperature
Expert:  Daniel replied 18 days ago.

Ok if theres no cooling at all inside the fridge but the freezer seem to be working then im afraid this isnt good news.

Im afraid this is going to be a system fault, Its more then likely a poor pumping compressor as it first pumps gas into the freezer and then up to the fridge. When they go weak it cannot pump into the fridge so you get this fault.

Now ive seen it a lot were it happens after being turned off and on. Now this isnt a diy fix as a fridge engineer will need to call out to do the repair as they need to put there gauges on the pipe work at the back to see whats happening.

But this isnt a cheap fix as a compressor replacment is about the £250 mark im afraid.

Sorry its not good news but keep an eye on it as sooner rather then later you will find the freezer will go off as well.