Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Neff dishwasher problems Assistant: Just to clarify, what's

Customer Question

Hi. Neff dishwasher problems
Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Nefffd 9311. Don’t know how to run diag
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: just replaced waste hose
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Whats the issue you are having with the dishwasher?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi. Waste hose had mice damage so just replaced that. Feeling good about myself. I then turn it on for the first time on rinse cycle and it ran for 10 mins ok. Then the fuse blew. Replaced fuse and now all I get is the red tap and spin sign on the control panel.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have checked the wate ris on
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Ok have you checked there isnt water in the base of the dishwasher?

Pull it out again and lean it 45 degrees backwards and see if any water comes out of the base tray.

If it does then stand it up right and try it again and see what happens from there and let me know.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Tried that several times and nothing comes out
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Ok whats the model number of the dishwasher please?

If you open the door the model details are usually etched into the silver door frame on the top left hand side and starts E-nr

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Enr S51M53X1GB/18
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for that.

I take it then if you reset it and try a new cycle does the same lights come back on stright away?

Or are you not able to reset it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Couldn’t reset it.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Ok if its not resetting and with the fuse blowing i think you will find the control unit has failed here.

If you remove the right hand side panel there you will see the control board.

Remove it from the base and open the casing up and inspect it for signs of burning.

If so then the board will need to be replaced.

Check that and see what you find and let me know.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can’t see any burning However when I lifted the white unit up the machine made all sort of clicking noises followed by the pump starting for about 10 seconds. Then everyth8ng stopped and error code e15 is showing. There is no water in the machine
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Then I turned off at mains and turn on and e15 has disappears but the red tap is still blinking
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

The white thing i assume is the dome part inside the dishwasher itself?

If so then this is the anti flood switch so if lifted it will cause the pump to run and the E15 error code.

But as you still have the red tap flashing then im afraid its looking like the control board. As even though there no signs of burning it can still be faulty im afraid.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No it was the white control box. I cannot see the white done thing?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

I think it was the flood switch that you lifted up which brought th e15 code up.