JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a sharp R 957 microwave which vuts oit after 59

Customer Question

i have a sharp R 957 microwave which vuts oit after 59 seconds but starts again when i press start button
Expert:  JamesI replied 17 days ago.

Hi Sheena, can you clarify the nature of the fault, does the unit go completely dead?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No the unit is still lit up. As i explained before , When you set the cooking time and the countdown starts but then stops 59 seconds later and if i press the start button again it goes for another 59 seconds and so on.
Expert:  JamesI replied 17 days ago.

This is not a user error but rather a hardware fault.

The PCB has failed, which is responsible for controlling the timer, and is getting confused hence resetting back to 59.

A new PCB would cost around £80, however it appears the parts are obsolete for this model.

If you could secure second hand parts you would then incur a further £50 in labour costs (depending on your location), for this reason it would not be economical to repair the microwave and you would be better off putting the money towards a replacement unit.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Expert:  JamesI replied 5 days ago.

I havent heard back from you Sheena, do you require any further assistance?