Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a tumble dryer showing error code E60. I have cleaned

Customer Question

I have a tumble dryer showing error code E60. I have cleaned all filters and emptied tanks , turned it off and then on again etc but still showing E60
Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Model T61275AC Lavatherm Protex product no 916 097 477
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no- depends on how technical it is. I have cover
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: what sort of problem is it likely to be?
Expert:  Daniel replied 18 days ago.

E60 is a fault on the heat pump. As this dryer is what they can a heat pump so it uses a compressor to generate the heat to dry. So the E60 error code relates to a fault on the heat pump itself , wiring or the control board.

Now as you have cover this will be the best thing as give them a bell and they will sort it for you. As these heat pump dryers are very expensive to fix. As if its the compressor then the complete base unit will need to be replaced which is ver very expensive. So at least with the cover they will fix it for free for you.

But if you want to try and fix yourself then you need to remvoe the top and the right hand side panel.

From there you will see the compressor at the bottom. Just check the wiring on there and if you have a test meter then you need to test the compressor to see if faulty and replace.

So thats what the E60 error code revers to. Its a fault on the heat pump compressor im afraid.