Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Customer Service
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
14784508

I have a new samsung fridge freezer No. RSA1RTMG Can you'll

Customer Question

I have a new samsung fridge freezer No. RSA1RTMG Can you'll me what water filter I need.

Expert:  Richard Hill replied 17 days ago.

Hi Colin,

Please see below link with an example of the water filter you need:

https://www.partmaster.co.uk/samsung/rsa1rtmg-rsa1rtmg1xes/water-filter/product.pl?pid=2044756&path=67607,111066:67610&refine=water+filter&model_ref=9031202

This is the genuine part but cheaper alternatives are available on this and other websites.

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
The filter that you recommend came with the appliance and will not fit in the water tank. Please either recommend the correct filter or refund my £20. Colin Palmer.

Hi Colin,

I'm just talking to Samsung about this.

Is the filter fitted inside the fridge freezer and is it likely to be cylindrical?

Best Regards,

Rich

Hi Colin,

According to Samsung this model does not have a filter as it's a non-plumbed in version.

Can the Brita Mantra filter be used to pre- filter the water you put into the container?

Best Regards,

Rich

Hi Colin,

I think this link confirms that the Brita filter should fit into the container, although I'm yet to see a picture or any instructions as to how, are you able to remove the water container and confirm?

http://www.brita.co.uk/brita/en-gb/cms/samsung-fridge/samsung_fridge.grid?id=105168&nid=cpd_explore_refrigerators-samsung_fridge

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi Rich
Yes I have taken the plastic water container out of the fridge and there is a place at the bottom for a Brixa filter cartridge but it will not receive the Brixa Maxtra delivered free with the fridge/freezer. The water container is a Brixa product so should take one of there filters. Regards Colin

Hi Colin,

Have a look at the Q&A on this website - if you scroll down a number of people ask about the water filter and the answer is, that it doesn't have one, although it still seems strange that one came with it.

http://ao.com/product/rsa1rtmg-samsung-aseries-american-fridge-freezer-grey-24954-27.aspx

I can only suggest you contact whoever you purchased it from and ask them what its for. In the meantime, you should be able to use the water without the filter.

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi Rich It seems that my enquiry is unsolvable thanks for trying to find an answer
Please cancel my card payment
Colin
Expert:  Richard Hill replied 16 days ago.

Hi Colin,

Sorry that on this occasion we been unable to get to the bottom of this, but hopefully have steered you in the right direction.

I'll forward your refund request to customer services.

Best Regards,

Rich